
Based on feedback from Jerry, I've revised my overall model. I still plan on creating components for each part, but this is my overarching plan. I'm not sure how to indicate that evaluation encompasses all parts, other than to draw a big circle around it all. Hey, it's a start.
(You can click on the image to make it larger.)
7 comments:
Hi! I know it's not my turn to comment on your blog, but I really like what you have so far! I was playing around with the evaluation portion too--I really like what you've done!
Hi Leigh,
I like the simplicity of your model bery much. I'm curious to learn more about each component part. I think I understand (from your graphic and narrative) that you're depicting the role of evaluation as one that is important, ever-present and ubiquitous throughout the process.
Regarding Agents and Background, I would like to know exactly what you mean by those terms. Are they the students and their backgrounds?
And, I would be interested to understand more about the change component.
Perhaps this can help with some of the info you plan to provide in your overview of your model.
Really like the graphic though. It's clear and unmessy. And, the A-E acronym is snappy too! Easy to remember.
Hi Fantasia! Thanks for the feedback! Really, I think the evaluation will focus more on the CD(D) parts than A and B, but it could affect who's involved (my Agents) or what part of the front end analysis (my Background) the users employ in the curriculum creation.
Hi Mickey! Thanks for your feedback. I like your interpretation of my depiction of evaluation, since that's how I want it to be. =)
If you follow the link in the previous post, it will take you to my sketches so far for each component. I'm planning on a separate diagram for each, with an explanation for each and what role it plays in the whole thing.
Short version: Agents are who is responsible for making this happen. There's a hierarchy of administrators, dept chairs, and teachers involved- the ones doing the curriculum need to be selected first.
Background is the FEA piece. Once those responsible for the curriculum are determined, the Background of the school, its current curriculum, and all other factors need to be taken into consideration before starting to create the new curriculum.
Change is working in tandem with design and development. The agents are using the background and their communication chains to make the huge overhaul that is curriculum development and implementation happen. Design and development will work out more like a rapid prototyping model, since the time to make this (and the human resources needed) will likely be limited. It will make sense to create something, refine it, edit, refine...until the job's done. There is definitely formative evaluation happening here.
E is the summative evaluation, as well as an indicator of formative eval. In an ideal world, the curriculum would be implemented, evaluated, and changes would be made. What is a lot more likely to happen is that the final product of this process will not be tested through implementation. Whatever comes out of this process needs to be ready to go, hence the need for a very strong evaluation component to the entire process.
I'm glad you like the graphic! At least this part's clear and easy to understand. =) The other parts are a bit more involved when they're blown out, but hopefully with explanation, they too will make sense.
If you look at my previous notes, I brainstormed a lot of words that I thought were part of my model because I wanted an acronym. (in a brain block moment, I tried "abracadabra" for fun.) =) I do like ABCDE since it's easy to remember. Thanks again for your input!
I think you should call it the alphabet soup model! You have all those letters, and you can call evaluation the Bowl!
Hey Laurene!
I did try for more letters initially, just for fun. Since this is more of a process, and even I'm not so anal-retentive as to eat alphabet letters alphabetically, the relative chaos of letters all floating in the "soup" of ID wouldn't quite work for me. =)
Hmm...
A=analysis of
S=situation, which will be
H=hammered and shaped into
L=live protoype, which undergoes
E=evaluation (formative), then
I=incorporation of eval results, to
G=gather together elements, to
H=hand out to users.
Hey Ash, at least I tried. ;)
Post a Comment