Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The "B" in my ABCDE model


The "B" in my ABCDE model for K-12 curriculum development is essentially a front-end analysis piece of what is needed to close the gap between the current curriculum and the ideal curriculum. After Agents are selected, the Background needs to be analyzed to determine what steps should be taken in order to create a curriculum specific to this system.

Please click on the image to see more detail.

2 comments:

Deborah (Mickey) Lord said...

Leigh,
Your diagrams are just superb! I am obviously not from your context, but, for the first time, I feel that I understand your world more than ever. You have also inspired me to think about how drilldown graphics may play a role in my work. A friend who played tennis once told me that, to learn, play with the best. I feel that way about your work here. Kudos.
Mickey

Leigh said...

Thanks, Mickey! I'm really just trying to make sense of this. Truthfully, I'm having a hard time fitting what I want to do with the existing models, so I've been creating representations that I think work for me. (My "C", which I just posted, is a good example of this.) I'm grateful for your comments- it's good to know that my work so far is able to be understood, especially by someone not in my context. =)

-Leigh